1937: Lookout constructed on this site. (Division of Forestry Annual Report)
Activated: March 9, 1942. Olympia Filter Center.
September 26, 1952: "Mr. and Mrs. J.L. Smith, Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Hedges and Clara Turner drove up Porcupine Ridge on Sunday where they visited with Harvey Turner, who is employed at the lookout station there." (The Daily Chronicle)
October 1, 1964: "Mr. and Mrs. Darrell Gonia and children, and others took a jeep ride up to Porcupine Ridge and visited Mr. and Mrs. Chuck Canfield at the lookout." (The Daily Chronicle)