1942: A 2-story lookout; first story enclose 10-foot tower, Cab a wood 14x14 standard R-6 plan. In 1943 a 6x8 wood shed and 4x4 toilet of wood was constructed. (Lookout Station - Structural Inventory)
Activated: March 10, 1942. Olympia Filter Center
May 1, 1944: Aircraft Warning Service Station 'Baker 7-1' was located on private property owned by the Polsen Lumber Company under a free use agreement. The AWS station utilized existing facilities owned by the Olympic National Forest. Very little expense was paid out for additional improvements. At the end of service the site was retained by the Forest Service for continued use as a fire detection station. (Report of AWS stations - May 1, 1944)
May 18, 1956: "The Quinault District has been on patrol as needed and also is manning Burnt Hill Lookout during the present dry period. Burnt Hill Lookout covers an area of thriving second growth timber and some old burns have come in heavy to bracken fern. It also covers some of the logging operations in the lower Humptulips country. (Port Angeles Evening News)
1958: The lookout turned over to the State. A note on the (Lookout Station - Structural Inventory)
1959: The State erected a 40-foot timber tower with live-in cab.
National Geodetic Survey
DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953 (RAG) THE STATION IS THE BASE AND CENTER OF THE U.S. FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER WHICH IS LOCATED ON THE SUMMIT OF BURNT HILL AND LIES ABOUT 9 MILE SOUTH OF LAKE QUINALT, ABOUT 6.8 MILES NORTHEAST OF HUMPTULIPS AND 13.92 METERS SOUTHEAST OF TRIANGULATION STATION BURNT HILL.
THE LOOKOUT TOWER IS A TWO STORY WOODEN STRUCTURE WHICH IS 14 FEET SQUARE AND 20.7 FEET IN HEIGHT. THE BASE OF THE TOWER IS 1.07 METERS HIGHER THAN TRIANGULATION STATION BURNT HILL.
STATION RECOVERY (1970)
RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970 (LFS) STATION HAS BEEN DESTROYED. THE LOOKOUT HOUSE WAS TORN DOWN IN 1969, AND WILL NOT BE REPLACED.