March 7, 1921: "A line will be built from Beaver north to Clallam bay, and another down to the settlements on the Hoh river. We also plan on the immediate development of a new lookout on Bogachiel peak. The forest service will also take up the building of a new trail up the Bogachiel river so as to enable a crew to be on hand in case of emergency, and will extend the trail from the Solduc Hot Springs to Olympic ranger station, started last year." (The Oregon Daily Journal)
September 23, 1923: "To reopen the trails cost $100 to $300 a mile. In order to establish a fire lookout station on Bahachiel Peak a trail had to be made up the mountain at an expense of $500 per mile." (The Ogden Standard Examiner - Ogden, Utah)
September 10, 1935: After two years of packing, leveling and construction, the 14 x 14 L-4 ground cabin was completed.
June 15, 1935: Panorama photos
July 30, 1936: Panorama photos
May 25, 1942: "The need for a lookout house on Bogachiel Peak for detection of forest fires in this area was recognized by the U.S. Forest Service prior to the assumption of jurisdiction of the area by the National Park Service. In 1933, the Forest Service purchased the major portion of the material necessary for a lookout to be built according to their Standard Plan 'C' for 14' x 14' Lookout Houses, and transported this material 6 miles by packhorse to a shelter at Deer Lake which was then boarded up for the winter. In 1934, the National Park Service took over construction of the shelter. Supplies and camping essentials for a small crew were transported the eleven miles by trail from the end of the road at Soleduck Hot Springs, to Bogachiel Peak. This crew on September 4, 1934, started leveling off the top of the rocky peak and excavating for foundations. Meanwhile the materials stored at Deer Lake were transported the additional 4 1/2 miles by trail to Bogachiel Peak. Construction work continued in 1934 until October 8, when the advent of winter precluded further operations. When trails were again clear of snow on July 8, 1935, construction was resumed and the building was completed on September 10, 1935. This project necessitated the transportation of materials and supplies 42 miles by truck, and 11 miles by trail. Excavation was entirely in rock, and included the grading off of four feet of the top of the peak. Materials purchased by the National Park Service included those destroyed from the Forest Service cache by campers who broke in and used a portion of the materials for firewood, as well as providing powder and caps, paint, hardware, and lightning protection material. One flame range, heater and light were installed as equipment." (Olympic National Park Final Construction Report)
May 1942: "Completion of Bogachiel Lookout Personal Services $430.66 Materials and supplies 326.25 Communications 0.80 Travel Expense 45.22 Transportation of things 225.00 Rentals 36.00 Total $1064.33 (Construction Unit Cost Report)
Aircraft Warning Service Station "Baker 8-8" utilized the existing facilities located on the Olympic National Park. The AWS used no further expenditures. At the end of service the site was retained by the Park Service. (from Report of AWS Stations, May 1, 1944)