September 1, 1933: “The Graves mountain lookout tower and lookout fireman's cabin will be completed in another fifteen days. Construction of a garage and a corral is going ahead at Growden ranger station.” (Republic News-Miner)
September 1933: "The Graves Mountain Lookout tower and lookout fireman's cabin will be completed in another 15 days. This work is being done by CCC members from Camp Deadman (F-4)." (Six Twenty-Six)
June 15, 1934: “E.E. Sizemore and crew have completed work on the Skalawag tower and have moved to Graves Mountain where they will be engaged in similar work.” (The Republic News-Miner)
July 20, 1934: “A CCC crew from the Growden Camp F-62 recently completed the Graves Mountain Lookout tower which is located between Deadman and Sherman Creeks, approximately 12 miles west of the bridge that crosses the Columbia River north of Kettle Falls, Wash. This tower is 80 feet high. On top of it is an eight foot observatory equipped with lightning protection. From this tower seven other lookouts, the Deadman Creek watershed, Kelley Hill and the City of Colville may be observed, it is approximately 20 miles from Kettle Falls via the Sherman Creek and Graves Mountain road to this tower. Practically the entire distance may be traveled in a car.” (The Republic News-Miner)
October 7, 1944: "Four peaks were occupied by men and their wives. These included Mr. and Mrs. A.F. Gehrke of Colville on Graves.” (The Colville Examiner)
1985: The lookout was moved to the Museum and Park in Colville.