October 17, 1914: "Harley Heath, manager of the grocery department of C.E. Blackwell & Co., has initiated a method of selling goods by use of the heliograph. Mr. Heath was formerly in the forest service, and, by the use of an automobile headlight, called the Aeneas mountain lookout of the United States forest service, a distance of 15 miles. Mr. Heath had no difficulty in getting in communication. After some conversation the forest ranger placed an order for groceries to be sent by the Hassan stage line."(Harrison Times- Arkansas)
June 30, 1922: "Bill Knosher will assume the responsibilities of the Aenas Mountain look-out station on July 1st." (The Oroville Weekly Gazette)
July 7, 1922: "Mr. Leo Isaacs, platting agent for the U.S.F.S., with headquarters at Okanogan, was a business visitor here this week. Mr. Isaacs, accompanied by deputy ranger A.A. Judd made the trip to Aeneas lookout station for the purpose of inspecting and adjusting fire finding instruments." (The Oroville Weekly Gazette)
September 1923: "William Knosher has picked up close to a dozen fires on state and Indian land and reported them to the proper authorities. This point should be equipped with modern station and fire finder." (Six Twenty-Six)
June 22, 1933: “L.J. McDaniel, forest protective assistant for this district, left Monday for Conconully where training camp for forest men is being held this week. Dick Loudon, lookout for Skull and Crossbones and Adrian Douglass who has been lookout for several seasons on Aeneas, also went to the camp. The lookouts have not yet begun their work but will soon.” (The Wenatchee Daily World)
1934: A 20-foot round native timber tower with an L-4 cab erected by members of the Civilian Conservation Corps.
Activated: March 20, 1942; Deactivated: July 1, 1943. Seattle Filter Center.
July 1, 1943: Aircraft Warning Service Station "Victor 3-9" was deactivated. The station utilized existing facilities owned by the Chelan National Forest. The AWS improvements included sleeping quarters. After deactivation the site reverted to the Forest Service. (from: Report of AWS Stations, May 1, 1944)
1954: The U.S. Forest Service sold it's share of the tower site to the Department of Natural Resources.
1956-58: A lookout was completed on Aeneas Mountain during the biennium. (1st Biennial Report of the Washington Department of Natural Resources)
1980: A new 42-foot treated timber tower with a 14 x 14 DNR live in cab constructed.
August 2015: The lookout was evacuated due to the threat of wildfires.