1957: The U.S. Air Force acquired 56 and one half acres from the Forest Service and the Northern Pacific Railway. To be used as an unmanned Gap Filler radar site. Constructed on the site was a concrete block communications building (19 x 39 feet), a partly buried fuel tank, an outhouse and a steel radar tower.
1961: The site was declared excess inventory and the property was returned to the Forest Service the following year (1962).
1964: A 41-foot treated timber tower with an R-6 flat-roof cab constructed.
1989: The lookout's tower was moved to Big Meadow Lake for use as a wildlife viewing tower.