1931: A standard R-6 plan 14x14 wood frame ground house was constructed on the Quilcene Ranger District. The Inventory shows the 12x18 wood frame garage as being built in 1940. Also the site included a wood frame toilet and was accessible by road. (Lookout Station - Structural Inventory)
1939: A plan 536 one-car garage was constructed. (Memorandum for Operation)
Activated: March 16, 1942. Seattle Filter Center.
Air Warning Service Station "Charlie 5-7" utilized existing facilities owned by the Olympic National Forest. The AWS added a 12 x 18 garage. At the end of service the Forest Service retained the site. (from: Report of AWS Stations, May 1, 1944)
May 18, 1956: "On the Quilcene District, Mt. Walker Lookout is being manned and station personnel are on alert standby with tanker trucks in case of fire. Buck Mountain Logging Company also is on alert in their logging operations." (Port Angeles Evening News)