Activated: September 11, 1942. Olympia Filter Center.
The Aircraft Warning Service Station "Charlie 5-1" was new construction built on private property by the AWS. Upon the deactivation of the station, the site was retained by the State of Washington. (Report of AWS Stations, May 1, 1944)
June 19, 1947: "Mr. and Mrs. Stockman are now stationed at the Mason Lake lookout." (Shelton-Mason County Journal)