Activated: August 27, 1942. Olympia Filter Center.
May 1, 1944: Site of Aircraft Warning Service station 'George 9-9" located a half mile from the road on private land. A 14 by 32 cabin erected with AWS funds. At the end of service the site was abandoned, the State did not want to retain it. (Report of the Aircraft Warning Service Stations)