1917: "A temporary or experimental lookout station was established in Western Clallam County, the expense of which was borne jointly by the State Forestry Department, the Forest Service, the James D. Lacey Company and ourselves." (10th Annual report of the Washington Forest Fire Association)
June 22, 1919: "A new lookout house to top Mount Klosche Nantch in the Olympic national forest, on the Solduc burn, eight miles west of Lake Crescent, is being shipped by the forest service, the Washington Forest Fire association and the state forestry department. The Washington Forest Fire association will provide the lookout man. The old Solduc burn is about 12 miles in extent, running from near Lake Crescent to Beaver. It was one of the biggest single fires ever known in the Northwest. The forest service is restocking this burned over area and has planted 550 acres this year. The lookout will command an outlook over the burn and be an immense protection to the young growth during forest fire season, assert forest service officials." (The Oregon Daily Journal)
1920: "We assisted in payment of a watchman on the Klosh Nanitch lookout in western Clallam County." (13th Annual Report of the Washington Forest Fire Association)
June 13, 1939: A Bill of Materials was drawn for the construction of a one-car garage and woodshed.
Air warning Service Station "William 5-1" utilized existing structures owned by the Olympic National Forest. No additions were added by the AWS. At the end of service the site was retained by the Forest Service. (from Report of AWS Stations, May 1, 1944)
October 2012: During the first part of the month the lookout structure was removed. Reason for the removal was the advance state of deterioration and recent vandalism. With budgets tight the only recourse was to remove a potential hazard to the public.