Activated: March 16, 1942; Deactivated: October 16, 1943. Portland Filter Center.
October 16, 1943: The Aircraft Warning Service Station 'Oboe 1-5' was inactivated. The AWS had utilized existing facilities owned by the Columbia National Forest. Improvements made by the AWS, using AWS funds, include sleeping quarters and a woodshed. Upon the end of service the site was retain by the Forest Service for continued use in fire detection. (Report of the Aircraft Warning Services Stations, May 1, 1944)
August 18, 1969: Mt Mitchell lookout is one of five Battle Ground district lookouts to be discontinued due to being replaced by air patrols. The lookout will be maintained and used as a supply cache for forestry crews working in the area. (The Oregonian)