September 9, 1920: "A standard lookout house has just been completed by the Forest Service on the summit of Little Huckleberry Mountain, which overlooks the Little White Salmon Valley and country in the vicinity of Dead and Peterson Prairie. The materials for this cabin were cut to fit by Ranger Carl Pearson, of Trout Lake, and transported to the summit by pack horses. The cabin has been built by Mr. Percy Clendenny, of Lyle, while acting as a lookout during the present season. The cabin is 12 by 12 feet, with a cupola, used for fire observation work. It is warmly built, and will make a comfortable home for the lookout occupying this point during the summer months." (Goldendale Sentinel)
October 5, 1920: "Little Huckleberry Mountain lookout was one of three built on the Columbia national forest this year. (The Oregon Daily Journal)
August 13, 1936: Panorama photos taken.
September 30, 1938: "Truman and Virginia Prince spent Sunday with their brother Jack, who is stationed on Little Huckleberry mountain lookout." (Mt. Adams Sun)