July 2, 1920: "Forest Supervisor P. T. Harris announces the following lookout appointments for the ensuing fire season on the Okanogan forest: Colin Heath, Lookout Mountain." (The Oroville Weekly Gazette)
November 1922: "By planning the best use of temporary men's time it was possible to construct a standard lookout tower on the top of a good log cabin on Lookout Mountain. Another window will be added to the cabin and it will then have a window on each side and end. The tower is standard and affords an excellent view for the lookout. The approximate cost of material,m packing, and construction is $165.00. The project was financed from a balance on the allotment for a standard house on Muckamuck Mountain. We found that the material list for a standard house is about one bunch of shingles short and that the roofing paper must be very carefully laid out if it will cover the surface required." (Six Twenty-Six)
August 1925: "Here is chronicled one instance where a burning pipe-heel did cause a fire. A sheepherder on Buttermilk Creek went into a willow thicket to cut a pole. While running around in the thicket he knocked his pipe from his mouth, spilling the burning tobacco. This was about 10 a.m. Beals, on Lookout Mountain, reported a fire between the forks of Buttermilk. When Frank Gray's trail crew arrived 1 1/4 hours later, they found an 8-acre fire. The sheepherder admitted having been the cause of it. Appropriate law enforcement action was taken. Prompt action by Gray's trail crew, in telephone communication with ranger and dispatcher, kept this from being a nasty C fire. H.P." (Six Twenty-Six)
August 31, 1928: “A new house will be constructed on Lookout Mountain this fall. The structure will be 14 x 14 feet. The total weight of lumber and mill work is approximately 12,000 lbs. This will be packed up this mountain by pack horses.” (The Republic News-Miner)
June 11, 1930: “As a result of existing conditions lookouts have already been posted on Lookout mountain, out from Twisp. Others will be sent to their posts in the near future.” (The Wenatchee Daily World)
August 8, 1930: “Mike Moran, of Republic is back on Lookout Mountain working on the construction of the new lookout building. He has been off some time, being detailed on fire work.” (The Republic News-Miner)
August 9, 1930: “Mike Moran of Republic is on Lookout mountain working on the construction of a new lookout building.” (The Wenatchee Daily World)
October 13, 1930: Panorama photos taken by W.B. Osborne.
1937: Treated timber tower with an L-4 cab constructed.
Activated: March 12, 1943; Deactivated: July 1, 1943. Seattle Filter Center.