1929: A 50-foot tower was erected. (22nd Annual Report of the Washington Forest Fire Association)
1931: "Green Mountain Lookout was reconstructed, the tower being taken to a total height of 97 feet. This new construction means that a great deal more territory is brought under observation, and the efficiency of the Lookout increased to such an extent that the major number of fires in the Kitsap and Mason County District were first spotted and reported from this point. Speed of observation means speed in control and reduced expenditures." (24th Annual Report of the Washington Forest Fire Association)
1942: An 84-foot wood timber tower with a L-4 cab constructed.
October 16, 1943: The Air Warning Service Station "Charlie 6-4" was deactivated. The station utilized facilities owned by the State of Washington. Almost all of the AWS investments were for labor. At the end of service the site was retained by the State. (from: Report of AWS Stations, May 1, 1944)
1963: A 50-foot timber tower with live-in cab erected to replace the tower that vandals destroyed the previous December.
1962-64: A replacement lookout tower was erected on Green Mountain in Kitsap County. (4th Biennial Report of the Washington Department of Natural Resources)
October 6, 1969: "In addition to the campground and picnic site, the department has a horse camp near Camp Sillman and plans another one on Green Mountain in the Tahujah area. Also planned is a public view site at what is now a forest fire lookout on Green Mountain. Airplane spotters are taking over the lookout work." (The Daily Chronicle)